Unique learning experience
OKO invites applications from law graduates from BiH who have a record of academic excellence and a strong interest in criminal defence and international humanitarian law to apply for an OKO pripravnik placement.
Each pripravnik will work within one of the four 'Tim za Podrsku Odbrani' (TPOs) or defence support teams within OKO. They will be supervised by a lawyer from BiH, working in conjunction with an OKO Fellow. This work environment gives pripravniks a unique opportunity to develop their legal skills in an international law office. Pripravniks will also have the opportunity to work with their supervising lawyer to produce relevant and publishable legal scholarship.
Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
· Minimum commitment of 6 months
· Graduate in law
· Knowledge of international criminal law or Human Rights law
· Legal research skills
· Experience working in a law office
· Working proficiency in English
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to undertake tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment
Placements for prepravniks are for 6 months. This period can be extended to a total of 12 months.
Funding support and Health Insurance
Each pripravnik receives a stipend of 800 KM per month, together with health insurance.
Previous OKO Pripravniks